Sheriff V'S PRIORITIES For 2nd Term Plan
- EXPAND training and mentorship in Community-Based Policing.
- Continue to reduce uses of force.
- TRANSFORM the culture of the department. REGULAR meet and greets with the community to build relationships among the deputies and the community.
- Continue to build diversity. Set recruitment goals of 15% African American and 33% female recruits to academies.
- REBUILD the Youth Activities League to provide safe activities for youth.
- EXPAND the LASD’s Community Advisory Council across all County’s regions.
- Continue in person Town halls.
- Work with the Board of Supervisors to aggressively build new emergency shelters to bring our homeless inside to receive help.
- Expand our HOST (Homeless Outreach Services Team) by region.
- Target dangerous opioid epidemic.
- Target Human Trafficking, particlualry in vulnerbale communities.
- Eradicate illegal marijuana grows and dispensaries.
- Tear down Men’s Central Jail and build a Mental Health Treatment Center.
- RESTORE the workforce to 18,300 to increase patrols and safety.
- Lobby Sacramento for new legislation regarding hate crimes and other issues.
Why We Support Sheriff Villanueva
"Don't let the political establishment lie to you. Sheriff Alex Villanueva is a good man doing great things. As a school teacher, and Venice resident I can tell you first hand the politically powerful hate Alex because he exposed their failures and corruption. I stand firmly 100% with Alex. Please join me."
Community Officer, Venice Neighborhood Council